Swappin’ Cocoa Again!
As the hostess you’d think I’d have gotten my questionnaire out first.. but I’m still working on getting the matches out… sorry!
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Just Knit… though I have it in my new year’s ‘plans’ to learn to crochet
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? Hats
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I’m overloaded in the needle area… I do need to do an inventory though and see if I’m missing any sizes… I love circulars, metal and bamboo.. I don’t think I’m overly picky, though I do like ‘pointy’ needles best.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Oldest UFO… hmmm I think it’s the kids lapghans I started EONs ago.. meaning.. hmm 2006? Maybe even 2005… gasp! They are brainless knitting and I really really need to finish them asap! I haven’t even put them in my ravelry projects! Guess I have to get on that… though I am doing well in the UFO category… I made a goal to not start any new projects until I complete a UFO, and I’ve managed to complete 4 UFOs and haven’t even started any NEW projects yet! 🙂
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I love sock yarns, and SOFT wools… I knit for the first time with Malabrigo this past year and I’d love to get some more of that in my stash 😉 I’m in the process of de-stashing the novelty yarns that were popular in the early parts of the 2000’s… so I’d prefer NOT to get a novelty yarn.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? Blues and Greens of all shades are my favorites.. Orange alone I can do without, but in variegated yarns with other fall colors.. yum… 🙂 I’m not a fan of Neons.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I have LOADS of stitch markers, and my favorite accessory is my awesome measuring tape that Anita made and sent me in a swap last year! I think I’m actually GOOD as far as knit accessories go.. though if I think of something I’ll add it here…
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? Boxed or packets is best in a house full of kids 🙂 I love vanilla flavors best or just plain chocolate.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Both… depends on the day!
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’ Sometimes I add peppermints (candy canes or the drops)
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? Probably just the winter months to be honest…Coffee is my year round vice!
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? I like Vanilla’s or peppermint flavored. I also like the Toffee types but I find I’m more picky about those and have had a few I’ve really disliked…
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Yes, Love Starbuck’s cocoa, Gloria Jean’s too, and the cocoas at restaurants are nice too when they put on loads of whipped cream 🙂
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa – is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? In my big cushy chair in the living room with my knitting!
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? A couple of crisp ginger snap cookies, or gingerbread cookies would be nice…
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? Scrapbooking, reading and running 🙂
2. Do you collect anything? Yarn of course, and knitting supplies! I do also have a Studio 54 Christmas Village, but I wouldn’t expect anyone to buy one of those things! I want to collect the Demdaco Willow Tree angels 🙂
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? The snow! I missed it for all those years when we were in NC. I love the romanticized ‘sitting in the bay window with a cuppa and watching the snow fall outside with some lovely music (probably piano tunes) playing in the background.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Vanilla based scents, like baking cookies, or cakes, and I love the Body Shop ‘Vanilla Bean Noel’ scent that is out only at christmas time… (have loads of that lotion since it only comes out once a year.. I buy it so I can have it all year)
5. Are you allergic to anything? Mice and Cats, but nothing Knitting related!
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? of course, isn’t everyone? Insanknitty is my username
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Making a snowfort for the kids and then coming in to sit in that window I mentioned above and watching them play in it while I warm up with my cocoa!
8. What’s your favorite animal? dogs… but I also love all the others… monkeys, unicorns, seals, dolphins, sea otters all fall into my top faves!