Fall Felted Bag Exchange
August 20, 2007
- How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? Since I was 12, so that means… hmmm roughly 24 years? Wow.. that’s forever! I learned from my step mom, and then after a few years of ‘not knitting’ I retaught myself from memory and a book (though the book didn’t help much). I learned to ‘throw’ the first time, and when I retaught myself I became a picker.
- What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? I felted a needle holder… it seemed like an easy project to start with for felting… and I decided to do it because a friend in my knitting group was doing a felted bag.
- What are your favorite colors? Any you hate? I like all colors.. in some combination or other if not by itself… my absolute favorites are greens and blues of all shades (except neons), but I love love love fall colors in combination like orange with yellow, red and brown… but none of those colors alone.. does that makes sense?
- What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) I’m not at all picky when it comes to bags. I don’t carry large bags in general… I guess I’m more of a handbag kinda gal. I’ve researched a bit and found a few that I like, or would like.. ‘Ayla bag‘ The ‘Misty’ bag, though not with a fair isle pattern maybe just a simple stripe or something, The Booga Bag, which I think everyone in the world has heard of… I also like the felted pouch found on knitting pattern central, and the one skein noro bag. All are fairly simple, and semi-similar.. which I think gives a good idea of the type of bags I like 😉
- What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? Hmmm lately I’ve been carrying a cute woven bag from my Dishcloth exchange pal (here’s a picture of it).. and my knitting.. sadly is in a yucky old canvas bag…
- What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Dishcloths, scarves, hats and mittens… I’ll try just about anything!
- What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) I like all sorts of needles.. but knit most of my small stuff (Dishcloths and scarves, hats and mittens) on bamboo straights… I’ve just recently dug out my circulars for some hats and a few other projects… I have a new love of addi turbo circs that I bought last spring.
- What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? Socks… 🙂
- What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? Hmmm… I just bought Trekking to do socks with… it was on my ‘must try’ list… also have never worked with Cascade 220 that I hear about all the time, or Cherry Tree Hill… I think that’s the name…
- What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Running! And I love scrapbooking… I’m very sciency, and do lots of science stuff with my kiddos… I also love to cook/bake and garden.
- Besides yarn, do you collect anything? Magnets and Christmas ornaments from places I’ve visited…
- What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? I’m a sweets kinda girl. I’m not a big chocolate fan though.. I like caramels and butterscotch, and hard candies… Thank goodness I’m not allergic to anything!
- Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) DO I?? hehehe… Yes, 3 children of the human variety, ages 7, 5 and almost 3… and 2 Furry canines and 1 furry kitty..
- What kind of project best personifies you and why? Probably dishcloths or scarves.. they’re quick and easy.. and with 3 young kids.. I’m always hopping.. so a short project gives me the greatest pleasure as it’s easy to get the gratification of finishing it!
- What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you’d prefer! I love everything about Autumn, the new smells, the crunch of the leaves under my feet when I run, the cooler temps that require jeans and a sweatshirt… the apples… the colors… halloween… I love fall so much that my hubby and I were married in the fall!… what isn’t there to love about Autumn!?!
- Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. 10 million… wow.. first I’d pay off our house, and any of our debts… then I’d buy my mom a house and car and set her up wherever she wanted to be.. then I’d set up trusts for my kids and my nieces and nephews…