Meme’d again :-)
Well, we were away for a wedding this weekend… loads of fun for sure… best picture though is this one…
My hubby John dancing with the groom during the Dollar Dance! Nick was mortified that his male friends jumped in his line… but hey.. it’s money right!
I’m living this whirlwind life right now… we’ve moved into a new home, we’re hardly unpacked, we went to Rochacha for the wedding and returned home today.. and in the morning I’m leaving for Maine… along the way I’m meeting up with Devon for a yarn crawl, and Isabelle as well! I’m also going to meet up with a weight watchers buddy, Missy.. it will be a week of visits with my best friend Beth and her family, and meeting 3 other online friends for the first time! FUN! 🙂 When I get home my mom’s coming into town to help us with our camp duties for the first few days of Camp… (she’s watching the littles while we get through the first few hectic days with registration and all that stuff!)… I think life will MAYBE settle down after camp ends… 🙂 that’s a very LARGE and unlikely MAYBE! 😉
So … if I’m not around very much… please accept my apologies.. I’ll try to get the chance to blog, but I’m thinking that the chances will be minimal… so instead I’ll probably do a photo blog of my trip when I return… in the meantime… keep knitting my friends! I may even have a few more Harry Potter cloths to post when I get back.. you never know! 😉
and before I forget….
Anne Meme’d me.. and I’m going to hopefully quickly go through this.. 😉
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was living in Rochester, dating my now husband, in fact, 10 years ago we were engaged…. I was working in Infertility still at The Institute for Reproductive Health and Infertility. I loved my job. I was also nearly finished with my Master’s Degree coursework and begining my thesis work. Wow… that was 10 years ago?? weird…
What were you doing one year ago?
Ugh 1 year ago we had just put our house on the market.. and I was working like a freak to keep my home in Museum, show room quality for potential buyers (not an easy feat with 3 children under age 6!
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Caramel or Butterscotch candies
2. Goldfish (Ahh the joy of kid snacks!)
4. Pretzels (the honey wheat twists!)
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1. Anything by The Wiggles
2. Anything by Laurie Birkner (hmm I’m sensing a trend)
3. Piano Man – Billy Joel
4. American Pie – Don McLean
5. Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Open a Yarn Store with a Coffee & Pastry Cafe attached, and complete with a kids playroom. (Anne, you copy cat!)
2. Set up trust funds for my kids.
3. Travel to Europe and then Africa.
4. Buy a beach house in the outer banks.
5. Pay off my mom’s debts and buy her a house.
Five bad habits
1. Biting the skin around my nails (NOPE NOT MY NAILS)… I get called on that all the time.. I swear I’m not biting the nails, just the skin around the nails.
2. I drive too fast… even with my kids in the car. I’m typically 7-10 miles over the speed limit… which probably isn’t as bad as I think it is since I’ve only been pulled over 1 time for speeding. And yes I paid the ticket instead of fighting it because it was in Virginia!
3. Coffee… I don’t think of it as a bad habit, but I probably waste more weight watchers flex points on creamer than it’s worth… but still.. I love my morning coffee!
4. I’m a people pleaser. I have to learn to work harder at pleasing myself first and worrying about pleasing everyone else later. But… I can’t seem to get a grip on that. I’m so intensely concerned with making everyone around me happy that it often leads to my own discomfort and stress.
5. I’m a ‘YES’ woman… I know that this can be very closely tied in with being a people pleaser. But I think it’s two separate things… at least for me. I cannot say no… I want to attempt to do all the things that are asked of me… even when I’m quite sure I will be staying up way to late to get them all done. I’m an incredibly organized person, and can handle a lot on my plate.. but saying no once in a while would do a number on my stress levels!
Five things you like doing:
4. Playing with my kids
Five things you would never wear again:
1. A tank top without a bra… I may be very small, but 3 kids, 3 + combined years of nursing has done NOTHING good for my silouette in a tank without a bra!
2. Spanky’s, bloomers, whatever you want to call the blue, spandex, grannie undie-like strack shorts we were required to wear in college for track and field and cross-country meets!
3. Men’s Pyjama pants as pants
4. High Heels, man why why why do I torture myself at weddings. John’s 6’5″, I’m 5′ 1″… heels are NEVER going to change the height differential enough to be worth it!
5. Braces, thank God.. .4 years was WAY too long!
Five favorite toys:
1. My Laptop
2. My iPod
3. My Garmen
4. My Heartrate monitor
5. My palm pilot