At the beginning of the week I was wondering if I’d even have anything to report for this week! I mean, I ‘ve done all the frogging I had slated (though still can’t find that cable pattern for my scarf.. it may end up in the frog pile afterall)… but… I looked at my stuff on Wednesday and said.. sheesh.. I can pick SOMETHING from here to finish by Friday!
So I did.. and I love the results…
First up is the ‘Peppermint’ Cloth. This was my first intro to short rows.. I started this project in 2007 sometime that winter I think, prior to our move to PA… I remember getting to the end and NOT liking the way that the pattern called for finishing it… and I knew there had to be a different way that I’d be happier with … The pattern was given to me by my old neighbor whom I desperately miss knitting with… Lee.. she was such fun to chat with… anyway… it’s listed in Ravelry now but I had it back then as an internet printout she’d found. You were supposed to finish by pulling your yarn through the remaining stitches (like 10 of them and pull. .but I thought it looked funny… so instead I did a grafting type bind off and would only be happier with it if I’d done it from the WS instead of the RS… I think the ridge wouldn’t be so obvious that way… I think I will knit more of these.. .since I haven’t had any more work with short rows since then It was ultimately a very quick knit.. I just put off finishing it forever!
Next up, the favorite Ballband Dishcloth. I love this pattern.. so easy to memorize.. I had found it to be knitting up HUGE.. so I opted to make it into a hanging towel. Wish now I’d written down the changes I made as I began the decreases.. it came out super cute…
I need to find a Halloween button to add to the top.. but otherwise it’s complete!
Here’s my updated WIPs/UFOs list
1. Snowman Hat for Rosalie
2. Snowman Hat for Emmett’s Best Bud
3. Vine Lace Scarf for Lace Knitting Class
4. Reader’s Wrap for Bella aka ME ** More than half done, but ran out of yarn, checking for more today at AC Moore
5. Ravenclaw Trapped Bar Scarf
6. Dobby for Rosalie **Nearly complete, need to get eyes finished today if possible, again need to get something at AC Moore for this
7. Hamster for Emmett
8. Kitchen Bag for Me
9. I Love Edward Socks
10. My Eskimo
11. My Underthings
12. Carlisle’s Cabled Hat – Moved to the Frog List
13. Chewyghan ** Balled the yarn for the finishing of this lapghan, no excuses now!
14. Esme’s Crest Bag (Design)
15. Peppermint Cloth
16. Rosalie’s dishcloth afghan
17. Alice’s Dischloth Afghan
18. Alice’s boa scarf
19. Emmett’s green fuzzy scarf
20. Halloween Cloth (Ball band)
21. Alien Hat
22. Odessa for Me
23. Hemlock Ring Blanket
24. Pomatomus Socks
25. Cabled Scarf ** Can’t find pattern, may end up frogging
26. Bus Scarf (Design)
27. Blue Linus Project Pattern baby afghan
28. June is for Jag Scarf (new 2009)
29. Amanda Hat (new 2009)
30. Neck truffle (new 2009)
31. Secret PIF Gift (new 2009)
32. Swallowtail (new 2009)
33. Cocoa Swap Buddy (new 2009)
I have cast on only a few ‘new’ things this week… and am doing well at sticking to them for projects, though I’m seriously itching to cast on some new stuff… it’s so hard to resist!!!
Here’s my current progress on my Swallowtail…
I love the yarn… it’s Sunshine Yarns, Sunsilk… yum!
The colorway is called Tinkerbell
In spite of the temps warming a bit today. .we’re still chilly here … and taking advantage of our own little portable space heater..
though Alice thinks he needs his own blankie too…
The bugger is getting so old now that he doesn’t even filter the ‘mom’s left the building I can get on the couch’… I find him there almost as soon as I return to the living room!
Good thing he’s so cute…